I have done my fair share of canning, both helping my family and trying it on my own. It can be a lot of work if you are water bath sealing them….and when my kids want pickles, they want pickles NOW! They also better be bread and butter pickles (because: SWEET!).
So, I came up with a super easy and fast recipe for bread and butter refrigerator pickles that also uses a sweetener that does not affect your blood sugar and still tastes good. So my kids won’t get that sugar buzz, and they never have to know the difference! #momwin
Easy Sugar-Free Crunchy Bread and Butter Refrigerator Pickles
This is a super easy and fast recipe for bread and butter refrigerator pickles that also uses a sweetener that does not affect your blood sugar and still tastes good. So you won’t get that sugar buzz.
- 3 large cucumbers (5 cups sliced)
- 1 cup onion sliced
- 2/3 cup Swerve sweetener
- 1 1/2 cup organic white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 3 Tbsp sea salt
- Slice cucumbers and onions, and add them to a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine Swerve, vinegar, water, and salt.
- Whisk to combine, make sure everything is dissolved.
- Add pickles and onions to jars.
- Pour brine over cucumbers and onions.
- Cover jars with plastic lids because the metal lids can rust from the salt and vinegar.
- Put jars into fridge for at least 24 hours. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.