These little roll-ups will be a hit with the kids! They are very rich and packed with flavor, so you could stretch this to serve 4 as a light meal with a salad. I used pepperoni, but salami would be equally delicious.
Do not be alarmed if your dough is super-sticky. This is normal. It’s a little tricky to work with, but with the help of a pastry scraper or spatula, you can ‘roll’ it easily.
Change up your regular Pizza Night with these grain-free pizza roll-ups. These little roll-ups will be a hit with the kids, and they can help make them too!
- 3.4 oz almond flour
- Generous pinch salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 6 oz grated mozzarella
- 2.1 oz full-fat cream cheese
- 1 large free-range egg
- 2.8 oz pepperoni
- 3.5 oz passata
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 oz grated mozzarella extra for topping
- Fresh basil to garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 390°F.
2. Combine the almond flour, salt and garlic powder in a bowl. In a separate (microwave-friendly) bowl, add the mozzarella and cream cheese. Place the bowl of cheese into the microwave and heat on high for 1 minute.
3. Immediately combine the almond flour mixture into the melted cheese and use a wooden spoon to combine well. Allow to cool for a minute before mixing in the egg to form a sticky ‘dough.’
4. Tip the sticky dough out onto a sheet of baking parchment. Place a second sheet of parchment on top and use a rolling pin to roll the dough out large and flat.
5. Remove the top sheet of parchment and lay the pepperoni onto the dough.
7. Use a sharp knife to slice small 1-inch pieces. Place the pieces sliced-side up into a small, greased baking dish.
8. In the meantime, heat the passata and dried oregano in a small pan on the stovetop. Once hot and slightly reduced, spoon the sauce in and around the little pizza rolls. Scatter over the additional mozzarella and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
9. Season with freshly ground black pepper and garnish with basil leaves.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 939Total Fat: 74gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 225mgSodium: 1590mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 7gSugar: 6gProtein: 52g