It is so depressing when you wake up to an ugly pimple on your cheek or an acne on the day you have the most important meeting or date. Yikes! What to do then? You simply cannot get rid of it.
First, it is very important to keep your body hydrated, eat a lot of healthy food, and follow the cleanse, wash, tone and moisturise regime. But every now and then, you should try one of these seven home remedies for beautiful skin that will save you from embarrassing and untimely skin issues.
To see your skin glow, and to feel younger and a lot happier looking at yourself in the mirror, check out the easy-peasy home remedies; something you will always have at home. All you have to do is take them out, whip it up, and wear it as a mask. Get going!
Home Remedies for Beautiful Skin
- Apple Mask: Mash a quarter of an apple for your face, add two teaspoon oh honey to it, and mix well. Apply it on your face and leave it on for at least twenty minutes. Wait till the moisture of the apple and honey is absorbed by your skin. Then rinse it off. And finally, moisturize. You will love your baby skin look that is so well nourished and cleansed completely. Repeat it two to three times a week for good results.
- Potato Mask: Believe it or not, potato masks are quite popular in Germany. All you have to do is smash a boiled potato, add honey or lemon to it depending on your skin type (honey for dry skin and lemon for oily skin), and wear the mash for twenty to thirty minutes. Then rinse it off. Don’t forget to moisturize. Not only does this mask cleanse your face, but it also improves the elasticity of your skin.
- Strawberry Mask: It is one of the most delicious face masks to get that naturally flushed cheeks. Simply grate a strawberry and apply the juice, with the grated strawberry on your face. Wait till it completely dries off, and then rinse it off. Gently dab your face, and moisturize. Following this regimen every day will give your outstanding results in a week. You will love that soft tint of pink blush in your cheeks, and that beautifully glowing cheeks. We bet you will just not stop smiling looking at yourself in the mirror.
- Aloe Vera Mask: It is always advisable to use freshly scraped aloe vera. Take one to two tablespoon of aloe vera and mix a pinch of turmeric powder, and a tablespoon of milk cream. Mix well and apply it on your face. Keep the mask on for twenty to thirty minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water and moisturise. The antiseptic properties of turmeric will clear out your acne and pimples, the milk cream will nourish your skin, and aloe vera will simply make your beautiful face glow like it were your happiest day ever.
- Dark Chocolate Mask: Dark chocolate is not only good to eat, but it also makes on tasty face pack. Its anti-oxidants properties will help you get rid of wrinkles (over a period of time) and make you look younger. It hydrates your skin, improves the elasticity of the skin, balances blood pressure and relaxes blood pressure. Avoid using any chocolate syrup. Melt a cube or two of dark chocolate (add a dash of milk to it if you have dry skin) and wear it as a mask for twenty to thirty minutes. Rinse off and moisturise.
- Honey & Sugar Mask: This is one of the oldest face masks and worn by one of the most renowned celebrities — Catherina Zeta Jones. Don’t we all love her skin? Begin your morning routine by gently massaging your face with honey and sugar granules. Honey simply nourishes your skin, evens out the skin tone, and the sugar helps in cleaning out the pores. Leave it on, and wash it off after twenty to thirty minutes with lukewarm water. If you start following this religiously every day, you will never have to go for facial to a salon ever again. This mask is suitable for dry skin or combination skin.
- Tomato & Yogurt Mask: Simply add tomato juice to a tablespoon of yogurt and wear it as a mask. The acid in tomato will break out the dirt and clear out the pigmented areas on the face. Yogurt will help lighten your skin tone, and also nourish your face. Keep it for a while and then wash off with lukewarm water. It is important that you moisturise your face after washing off.
Watch the video below for more information
See which of these seven works for you, and simply make it your must-do in your everyday schedule. Only then you will see a remarkable difference in your face. And moisturizing is very essential. Very.
Note from Kate: I make a Frankincense Face Cream that is simply magical, and I use it every day! You can find that recipe HERE.
Well, do you have any awesome home remedies for beautiful skin? I would love to hear about them in the comments below!
CLICK HERE to Pin this post
[img_text_aside style=”2″ image=”https://realfoodrn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Screen-Shot-2016-02-08-at-2.40.22-PM.png” image_alignment=”left” headline=”” alignment=”center”]
Author – Bio
Sravanthi Reddy is a nature enthusiast and a fighter by nature. She loves to go for long walks and try home remedies for health and skin conditions at home. She also love to write.