When I was a kid I got rewarded for good grades with a meal of my choice. When I got A's, we went to the China Buffet. Yeah, all the MSG and deep fried food you ever wanted. My favorite was the cream cheese wontons. Seriously, I was happy to fill my plate with only wontons.
Recently, we dined at an amazing Thai restaurant, and they had cream cheese wontons on the menu. They were definitely not gluten-free, but my Mom was along for the meal and she nostalgically ordered them for me. I let my kiddos have a taste and they were hooked immediately. They asked for them for days after.
So naturally, I had to come up with a recipe that we could all enjoy: grain free cream cheese wontons. I had some Paleo Wraps in the fridge and some organic cream cheese. So, while the kids were out sledding with the hubs, I gave them a go!
Success! They turned out great and made the perfect post-sledding meal! #winning
- Paleo Wraps
- Organic Cream Cheese
- Coconut Oil
- In a skillet, heat coconut oil over medium-high heat (this is my deep fry skillet, so it looks pretty rough!).
- Using a pizza cuter, slice the Paleo Wraps into four pieces.
- Put a dollop of cream cheese onto one of the Paleo Wraps pieces.
- Use a little bit of cream cheese to seal the wontons.
- Fold in the corners and seal with more cream cheese.
- Add the wonton to the hot coconut oil.
- Fry until golden brown, then flip.
- Work fast, as they can get dark very quickly!
- Dry on a paper towel.
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce.