I was the top seller in my girl-scout troop two years in a row, and when my husband came home from work with a box of Truffoils in hand I could not resist the taste of sweet victory. Oh, they were so good too! One of my favorites, even though everyone else loved Samoas and Thin Mints… I was always partial to the simple deliciousness of buttery shortbread. That is until I realized how hard all that gluten is on my gut. Savor the flavor, then regret it later when my stomach is in knots.
So I threw that blue box in the trash and was determined to come up with gluten-free shortbread cookies that I could enjoy without destroying my gut! I also decided to cover them in chocolate…maybe I should give this recipe to the Girl Scouts!
You will love these gluten-free shortbread cookies without destroying your gut! Plus, they are dipped in chocolate... yum!
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients, except chocolate chips.
- Mix with your hands to get it really well combined.
- Form into small balls.
- On a Silpat-lined baking sheet place the dough balls down and press flat with your fingers until they are about 1/3″ thick (or even thinner if you like them crispier).
- Space about 1/2″ apart, they do not spread when baked.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, or until they begin to brown on top.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler until melted.
- Drizzle over cookies.
If the chocolate is not thin enough to drizzle, you can add coconut oil to it until you reach the desired consistency.
I also made some in my ceramic cookie molds and they turned out so cute. Just make sure you grease the molds with coconut oil before pressing in the dough.
Here are a few pics…
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.