Curry has to be one of my FAVORITE foods! I have tried to make it as tasty as our local healthy Thai restaurant maybe one million times! It was getting to the point that they knew me by name when I called to place an order: Thai Green Curry for Kate, every time.
I was determined to recreate this soup in my kitchen! Finally, the day has come, I cracked the code for Healthy Bone Broth and Coconut Thai Green Chicken Curry!
Healthy Bone Broth and Coconut Thai Green Chicken Curry
- 6 pastured chicken thighs
- 2 medium yellow onions, sliced
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil for cooking the chicken
- 2 quarts of homemade bone broth
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk — like this
- 4 small zucchini, sliced into coins
- 1.5 cups broccoli, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 bag kelp noodles — find them here
- 1 (4 oz) jar green thai curry paste — we use this one
- 1/4 cup fish sauce — we use this kind
- 1 bunch organic cilantro
- 1 bunch organic basil
- juice from two limes
- 1 – 2 Tbsp honey (to add a hint of sweet)
- Cook chicken until cooked through, chop and set aside (I cook mine in my instant pot with a small amount of avocado oil, it only takes minutes to cook!)
- In a stock pot saute the sliced onion in a small amount of coconut oil
- Once the onions are clear and fragrant, pour in the bone broth and coconut milk and turn the heat to medium high
- Add in the vegetables, curry paste, fish sauce, kelp noodles, and honey
- Cover and allow to simmer for 10 minutes
- Finally, add in the lime juice, cilantro, and basil
- Serve immediately!
- Healthy Bone Broth and Coconut Thai Green Chicken Curry Lasts up to 3 days in the fridge
- Enjoy your Healthy Bone Broth and Coconut Thai Green Chicken Curry!