Curry has to be one of my FAVORITE foods! I have tried to make it as tasty as our local healthy Thai restaurant maybe one million times! It was getting to the point that they knew me by name when I called to place an order: Thai Green Curry for Kate, every time.
I was determined to recreate this soup in my kitchen! Finally, the day has come, I cracked the code for Healthy Bone Broth and Coconut Thai Green Chicken Curry!
If you love curry as much as I do, you'll love this recipe. And it's extra nourishing because it's made with bone broth. Make a big batch and freeze it for later.
- 6 pastured chicken thighs (we use Butcher Box meat)
- 2 medium yellow onions, sliced
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil for cooking the chicken
- 2 quarts of bone broth (or you can make your own broth)
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk
- 4 small zucchini, sliced into coins
- 1.5 cups broccoli, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 bag kelp noodles
- 1 (4 oz) jar green Thai curry paste
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1 bunch organic cilantro
- 1 bunch organic basil
- Juice from two limes
- 1 – 2 Tbsp raw honey (to add a hint of sweet)
- Cook chicken until cooked through.
- Chop and set aside (I cook mine in my Instant Pot with a small amount of avocado oil, it only takes minutes to cook!).
- In a stockpot, saute the sliced onion in a small amount of coconut oil.
- Once the onions are clear and fragrant, pour in the bone broth and coconut milk and turn the heat to medium-high.
- Add in the vegetables, curry paste, fish sauce, kelp noodles, and honey.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Finally, add in the lime juice, cilantro, and basil.
- Serve immediately!
- Lasts up to 3 days in the fridge.
Make your own homemade bone broth here.