Curry has to be one of my FAVORITE foods! I have tried to make it as tasty as our local healthy Thai restaurant maybe one million times! It was getting to the point that they knew me by name when I called to place an order: Thai Green Curry for Kate, every time.
I was determined to recreate this soup in my kitchen! Finally, the day has come, I cracked the code for Healthy Bone Broth and Coconut Thai Green Chicken Curry!
Healthy Bone Broth and Coconut Thai Green Chicken Curry
- 6 pastured chicken thighs
- 2 medium yellow onions, sliced
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil for cooking the chicken
- 2 quarts of homemade bone broth
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk — like this
- 4 small zucchini, sliced into coins
- 1.5 cups broccoli, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 bag kelp noodles — find them here
- 1 (4 oz) jar green thai curry paste — we use this one
- 1/4 cup fish sauce — we use this kind
- 1 bunch organic cilantro
- 1 bunch organic basil
- juice from two limes
- 1 – 2 Tbsp honey (to add a hint of sweet)
- Cook chicken until cooked through, chop and set aside (I cook mine in my instant pot with a small amount of avocado oil, it only takes minutes to cook!)
- In a stock pot saute the sliced onion in a small amount of coconut oil
- Once the onions are clear and fragrant, pour in the bone broth and coconut milk and turn the heat to medium high
- Add in the vegetables, curry paste, fish sauce, kelp noodles, and honey
- Cover and allow to simmer for 10 minutes
- Finally, add in the lime juice, cilantro, and basil
- Serve immediately!
- Healthy Bone Broth and Coconut Thai Green Chicken Curry Lasts up to 3 days in the fridge
- Enjoy your Healthy Bone Broth and Coconut Thai Green Chicken Curry!
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe
CLICK HERE to share “Healthy Bone Broth and Coconut Thai Green Chicken Curry” on Google+