Cell salts have long been used by natural health practitioners like naturopaths and homeopaths. But they are being increasingly used by individuals who want to take a gentle but powerful approach to managing ailments and to maximizing their health.
The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
What are Cell Salts?
Cell salts are homeopathic medicines made from the twelve minerals essential to your health. Dr. Wilhelm Heinrich Schuessler discovered cell salts at the end of the nineteenth century. He was studying the chemical makeup of human cells and discovered that there were twelve mineral salts in all human cells and tissues. This led to his theory that mineral imbalance is at the root of many human diseases.
As well as individual salts made from forms of calcium, magnesium, potassium, silica, iron, and sodium, there is a combination of cell salts called Bioplasma. In just one Bioplasma tablet, you get all twelve cell salts to provide general support to your cells.
How are Cell Salts Beneficial?
Cell salts can be taken for a wide range of illnesses and health conditions from colds, headaches, and stress, to digestive issues, congestion, and allergies. Cell salts can help with emotional and mental health issues too. By taking one or more of these salts, you can bring the body back into cellular balance.
Cell salts come in the following formulations to address specific conditions:
2. Calc Phos (Calcium Phosphate): Used for teething, fatigue, strengthening broken bones, osteoporosis, sore throat, feeling overwhelmed. This salt will help children going through growth spurts as well as people who are feeling low energy and exhausted.
3. Calc Sulph (Calcium Sulfate): Use for colds, sore throat, acne, liver support, cradle cap, abscesses, eczema, and rashes.
4. Ferr Phos (Ferrous Phosphate): Use for first aid, inflammation, low fevers, swelling, circulation, anemia, and nosebleeds. For cuts and grazes, you can dissolve the tablets in a little water and apply directly to the wound to speed healing.
5. Kali Mur (Potassium Chloride): Use for colds, sore throats, runny nose, sinusitis, ear infections, dandruff, anxiety, and confusion.
6. Kali Phos (Potassium Phosphate): Use for depression, insomnia, headaches, anxiety, low energy, and to improve memory and attention.
8. Mag Phos (Magnesium Phosphate): Use for headaches, cramps, anti-spasmodic, twitches, hiccups, and carpal tunnel.
9. Nat Mur (Sodium Chloride): Use for high blood pressure, water retention, hay fever, puffy eyes, dry skin, cold sores, hives, heartburn, pre-menstrual syndrome, and menopause symptoms. This salt is also the best remedy for grief.
10. Nat Phos (Sodium Phosphate): Use for gout, cystitis, detoxing, kidney problems, acid reflux, skin conditions, worms, food allergies, indigestion, and acidity. I use this one for my kids and it works great for GI upset!
11. Nat Sulf (Sodium Sulfate): Use for asthma, nausea, thrush, liver support, influenza, depression, fear, and gloominess.
12. Silicea (Silica): Use for hair, skin and nails, frailty, weakness, detoxing, lack of self-confidence and courage, and the inability to make decisions.
13. Bioplasma: Use for general cellular support.
14. Biochemic Phosphates is another combination formula for insomnia, irritability, and nervous exhaustion.
How Do You Use Cell Salts?
You can choose to take single-cell salts, a combination of salts or a prepared mixture as a general tonic. Homeopathic practitioners will often analyze your condition and prescribe the appropriate cell salt that fits the whole person. This will also support other remedies that are prescribed for specific health issues. For example, if you are suffering from depression or grief as well as a physical ailment, the practitioner might decide to give you a cell salt that supports your mental and emotional issues and another to address your physical needs.
Cell salts come in tablet form, like other homeopathic remedies. They are usually taken in the 6X potency, three to four tablets, four times a day. Tablets can be taken as a single dose or added to your water bottle and sipped during the day.
Cell salts are complementary to other natural medicine practices as they are given in the homeopathic form. They will not interfere with other homeopathic remedies, and in fact, are often called homeopathic vitamins.
Are They Safe?
Cell salts are a gentle but powerful remedy. Because cell salts replicate the minerals already in your cells, they are safe for anyone to take. Natural health experts advise that because cell salts are absorbed at the cellular, not the digestive level, they’re safe for everyone, from children to the elderly, even the family pet!
If you are taking allopathic medication for a health condition, you should check with your medical practitioner before you start taking cell salts.
One thing to keep in mind is that cell salt tablets are often made with lactose or milk sugar. If you are lactose intolerant, you can ask the homeopathic pharmacist to give you a different formulation or take the cell salts in drops.
Cell salts are a gentle but effective remedy for a wide range of physical, mental, and emotional health issues and should be in everyone’s medicine cabinet. Consult your local health practitioner to see how cell salts can help maximizes health potential for you and your family.
CLICK HERE to Pin this post
The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images and information, contained on or available through this web site is for general information purposes only. Real Food RN makes no representation and assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information contained on or available through this web site, and such information is subject to change without notice. You are encouraged to confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician.