Once you master these grain-free zucchini fritters, have some fun playing around with different vegetables! Try using grated cauliflower or broccoli – and why not change up the herbs or cheese type? The most important thing is to remove as much moisture as possible from the vegetable to ensure your mixture is not too wet.
These tasty fritters are a great way to get more veggies into your diet. They pair well with eggs for a hearty breakfast, add as a side with a main entree, or eat for a quick, healthy snack.
- Preheat the oven to 355°F and line 1-2 large baking trays with parchment paper.
- After grating your zucchini, place them in a large square of cheesecloth and squeeze out all the excess moisture. This is a very important step.
- Dump the drained zucchini into a large bowl and add the Parmesan, Cheddar, garlic powder, onion powder, and dried oregano. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the whisked eggs and use a wooden spoon to mix well.
- Form 12 even-sized balls from the mixture and place them onto the tray, leaving a lot of space between them. You may need two trays or do this in two batches.
- Once your balls are formed, use a spatula to gently press them down into a flatter, patty shape.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes, rotating the tray halfway through to ensure even baking.
- Delicious hot or cold with your favorite sauce on the side!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 54Total Fat: 3.5gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 90mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g