So, the story behind this salad goes: I ate an entire container of broccoli salad in the car on the way home from the grocery store. Yeah, it was so good that I sort of didn't notice that it was almost gone. We got home and the family was a bit miffed at me.
Not to worry!
By God's grace we happened to have broccoli salad ingredients on hand, and I was quickly able to make my own batch just in time for dinner. In doing so, I came up with a healthy new recipe too! It was a hit with the family! Funny how recipes get thrown together in a moment of panic sometimes! Now I give you: Paleo Broccoli Salad.
Paleo Broccoli Salad
- 2 heads organic broccoli
- 1 organic red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup organic red grapes, sliced in half (or you can use raisins, we used both!)
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup bacon bits
- 1 cup homemade mayo — here is my recipe
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar — we use this kind
- 3 Tbsp raw honey — where to find
- pinch sea salt
- Cut broccoli heads into small pieces and put into a large mixing bowl
- Add in grapes, raisins, onion, bacon bits, and sunflower seeds
- In a mixing bowl combine mayo, honey, vinegar and salt
- Whisk to combine until you have a nice dressing
- Pour dressing over other ingredients and stir to combine
- Store in an airtight container
- Paleo Broccoli Salad lasts up to 3 days in the fridge
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe
CLICK HERE to share “Paleo Broccoli Salad” on Google+