I will admit it, when I go for sushi I always get a salad with about 5 sides of the dressing. I LOVE that orange gingery dressing. I have tried to make it on my own and just could not get it quite right…..until now! Finally, I have created my own version of Carrot Ginger dressing that can be all mine (insert evil laugh here)!!!
Sweet and tangy, use this dressing when you want an Asian-style dressing.
- 4 organic carrots
- 1 large piece of organic ginger (or about 1/4 cup chopped)
- 1/4 cup shallots, chopped
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
1. Blend everything but the olive oil and the water in a high-powered blender until smooth.
2. Then drizzle in the olive oil with the blender on, this makes it creamy.
3. Lastly, add in the water to the consistency you like. I like mine a tad on the watery side so I often add more water then is called for in my recipe.
4. Serve with your favorite Asian-inspired salad.