I love fun cocktails in the summer months, and I especially love it when you can make them from flowers and berries! This simple syrup is so amazing in both its color and its flavor. Use a dash Blueberry Lavender Simple Syrup to fancy up any cocktail or water that you are enjoying on a hot summer day!
It's so much fun to make cocktails from flowers and berries. This blueberry lavender simple syrup is so amazing in both its color and its flavor.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried food-grade lavender buds, or you can use Lavender Essential Oil
1. Combine the first three ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar.
2. Reduce heat to a low simmer.
3. Add dried lavender and keep on low heat for 10 minutes.
4. Pour through a fine-mesh strainer, pressing the blueberries to get all of their juice. This makes the syrup a beautiful purple color.
5. Store in a glass jar in the fridge, it will last for a few months if kept refrigerated!
To make a cocktail using this syrup:
6. Dip the rim of the glass in coconut sugar.
7. Add to glass: ice, vodka, lime juice, sparkling water, and lavender simple syrup to your taste preference.
8. Garnish with blueberries or lavender sprigs.
9. Enjoy in moderation!