I have seen a lot of Paleo recipes for cauliflower crust pizzas but I thought they looked too time consuming and I could not imagine how they could be crispy. Then curiosity got the best of me and I tried my hand at some of the recipes. Let me tell you, they are not hard to do and they actually crisp up just like a thin crust pizza!!! Of course I had to come up with my own variation and I also found it much easier to keep everyone happy by making them personal pan pizzas. My kids love decorating their own pizzas before baking them!
- 2 heads organic cauliflower
- 3 pastured eggs
- 2 cups shredded raw parmesan
- 1 Tbsp organic Italian seasoning — where to find
- 1 Tbsp sea salt — we use this kind
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Chop cauliflower heads into smaller pieces and pulse in a food processor until it resembles rice.
- Spread it evenly on a baking sheet and bake at 425°F until it becomes fragrant (about 10 minutes)
- Lay a flour sack towel inside of a large bowl and dump the cauliflower into the towel
- Let the cauliflower cool completely
- Squeeze the cauliflower inside the towel to get the liquid out
- You will be amazed at how much actually wrings out!
Here is what it looks like all squeezed out
- Now add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well with your hands
- Spread onto a Silpat lined baking sheet
- Make sure you spread evenly
- Bake at 425°F until it starts to brown on the top, then take it out and flip it
- Bake an additional 10 minutes
- Now, add your favorite toppings and sauce (get my pizza sauce recipe HERE)
- Top with cheese and bake again until the cheese is melted
Make sure everyone gets to add their own toppings!
CLICK HERE to Pin this post
If you enjoyed this recipe, please +1 and share below.