I am doing a series that tells all about the ten Everyday Essential Oils that come included with the Premium Starter Kit. Definitely the BEST way to get started with essential oils in your home or as a business. The kit includes 11 oils, a home diffuser, and tons of samples and information. Click HERE to learn more about ordering this amazing starter kit! In this post I want to talk about Frankincense Essential Oil and how I use it personally in my home and for my health.
Uses for Frankincense Essential Oil:
- Immune Support: Diffuse or massage onto your feet or diffuse for immune support
- Mental Fatigue: Add to your bath water at the end of a long day, massage into your scalp or across your chest
- Skin Cream: Gently massage into the skin daily, I make a Frankincense Face Cream. Add Frankincense to your daytime lotion or night cream for a custom moisturizer that highlights your natural beauty.
- Uplifts Spirits: Diffuse during whenever you have the blues, especially helpful during the winter months
- Spirituality: One of the oils of the Bible, Frankincense has been used to awaken our spiritual awareness and connect with spirit for 5000 years or more. It is reported to help release the ego, as well as feelings of unworthiness and insecurity. Diffuse or apply neat over your heart. Invite elevated spiritual experiences every day by diffusing this oil in your home or office.
- Occasional stress: Diffuse or apply neat to your temples
- Nervous Energy: Rub frankincense essential oil on the bottom of your feet to help alleviate nervous energy.
- Skin Appearance: Use to maintain radiant skin. It’s ability to smooth the look of healthy skin makes this oil a key part of Young Living’s Boswellia Wrinkle Cream (one of my favorite products!)
- Meditation: Diffuse it when meditating for a deeper meditation
- Yoga Partner: Incorporate Frankincense into your yoga ritual by diffusing this oil during your routine and following up with a post-practice massage.
*Note: to mix the oil with a carrier oil mix 2 parts carrier oil with 1 part essential oil. We commonly use this oil as a carrier oil.
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE 21-day essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
- Join my Real Food RN Essential Oils Facebook Group to connect with others and share tips and recipes for DIY, beauty, cleaning and much more.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail prices (and get freebies from me!)
How do you use Frankincense Essential Oil? I would love to hear about it in the comments below!
CLICK HERE to Pin this post
CLICK HERE to share with Google+
None of these health benefits have been evaluated or approved by the FDA. They should not be used in place of personal judgment or medical treatment when needed, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. (Only your doctor can diagnose and treat disease.) Read my full disclaimer.