I eat a huge salad pretty much every day! When I was pregnant with my kids, I CRAVED salads, and during those months, I perfected the art of making a fabulous salad! The secret is loading them with tons of flavor, color, and texture. Make it an experience when you eat it. Here is how I make mine!
I perfected the art of making a fabulous salad! The secret is loading them with tons of flavor, color, and texture. Make it an experience when you eat it.
- Organic greens
- Crunchy vegetables (carrots, celery, fresh snap peas, jicama, radishes, peppers, etc.)
- Colorful vegetables (purple cabbage, red/orange/yellow/green peppers, etc.) — (color means a greater nutritional profile, and the more colors you include in your salads, the more nutritionally dense your salad will be. Watch the video I have included below for more information.)
- Meat that you prefer (we use Butcher Box meat)
- Pastured eggs
- Nuts or seeds (I added my Curry Spiced Pumpkin Seeds)
- Chia seeds (I love chia seeds because they have omega-3’s, antioxidants, and fiber!)
- Nutritional yeast (I love nutritional yeast because it provides you with B-vitamins, and it also adds a cheesy umami flavor.)
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- In a large salad bowl, add all of the vegetables and additional ingredients that you would like.
- Arrange it to be appealing to the eye. (It sounds funny, but I enjoy eating my salads even more when they are pretty!)
- Add dressing and toss. Enjoy!
Make your own Curry-spiced Pumpkin Seeds here.
Watch my video below where I show you how I wash my greens with my salad spinner.
CLICK HERE to Pin this Recipe