I eat a huge salad pretty much every day! When I was pregnant with my kids I CRAVED salads and during those months I perfected the art of making a fabulous salad! The secret is loading them with tons of flavor, color and texture. Make it an experience when you eat it. Here is how I make mine!
- Organic greens
- Crunchy vegetables (carrots, celery, fresh snap peas, jicama, radishes, peppers, etc)
- Colorful vegetables (purple cabbage, red/orange/yellow/green peppers, etc) — color means a greater nutritional profile and the more colors you include in your salads, the more nutritionally dense your salad will be. Watch the video I have included below for more information…c
- Meat that you prefer (in this picture I used our homemade venison sausage, sliced up)
- Pastured eggs
- Nuts or seeds (I added my Curry Spiced Pumpkin Seeds)
- Chia seeds — where to find — I love chia seeds because they have omega-3’s, antioxidants, and fiber!
- Nutritional yeast — where to find — I love nutritional yeast because it provides you with B-vitamins and it also adds a cheesy umami flavor
- Dressing: balsamic vinegar, olive oil, sea salt — that’s all I need!
- In a large salad bowl (I use a serving bowl like this one!), include all of the vegetables and additional ingredients that you would like
- Arrange it to be appealing to the eye
- Add dressing and toss
- It sounds funny, but I enjoy eating my salads even more when they are pretty!
Watch my video below where I show you how I wash my greens with my salad spinner
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe