We have backyard chickens (here is our other blog on that topic) that provide us with the most delicious eggs, so any time I get the chance to make a new egg recipe, I jump at it! We LOVE deviled eggs, and the kids love to help make them.
We decided to give this recipe a kick. These crowd-pleasing snacks are ideal for when we all come together in 2021 and spend some much-needed time with friends and family again.
Here’s a tip if you want to make this really easy: use an electric egg cooker to make the perfect egg. My kids even know how to use this fun little tool!
We took classic deviled eggs up a notch and added a little heat! Perfect for an appetizer at a large gathering, a quick breakfast, a side with your lunch, or a light snack.
- Hard-boil the eggs in a pan, approx. 10-12 minutes. Remove from the hot water and set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, combine the mayonnaise, hot sauce, chopped capers, and mustard in a mixing bowl. Add a pinch (or two!) of dried chili flakes.
- Once the eggs are cool enough to handle, peel them and slice in half.
- Carefully scoop out the hard-boiled yolk and tip it into the bowl of the mayonnaise mixture.
- Combine the mixture well, using a spatula or wooden spoon to mash the yolks into the mixture.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into the holes of the egg white halves and scatter over picked thyme leaves before serving.
- If you make these ahead of time, keep them covered in the fridge to avoid a skin forming on the yolk filling.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 84Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1.5gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 115mgProtein: 4g