I have read recently that lavender may complement some of your favorite shampoos, lotions, or skin care products. I am attempting to make all of my self-care products and cosmetics so making my own all natural mascara was the natural next step for me. This is an easy, homemade mascara recipe that uses non-toxic and inexpensive ingredients! Plus, it works like the mascara you find at the store!
Before I get started, I recently came across an article on how to correctly apply mascara and it completely changed how I had been doing it! I thought I would share it with you here so you can use my homemade mascara to its fullest!
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp shea butter — where to find
- 1 1/2 tsp beeswax — where to find
- 2 tsp jojoba oil — where to find
- 2 capsules activated charcoal — where to find
- 2 drops Vitamin E oil — where to find
Note: I also lie to add a few drops of lavender essential oil to the mascara bottle as I fill it. You can find my favorite kind HERE.
- In a double boiler, melt the first 4 ingredients
- Once melted remove from heat and add in the charcoal and Vitamin E
- Pour into a plastic bag and allow to cool enough to touch
- Cut small corner off plastic bag and use it like a cake decorator to pipe it into the empty mascara tube
- Apply your homemade mascara as you would your regular mascara and smile to yourself….no more chemicals on those lashes!
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe
CLICK HERE to share with Google+