I have read recently that lavender may complement some of your favorite shampoos, lotions, or skin care products. I am attempting to make all of my self-care products and cosmetics so making my own all natural mascara was the natural next step for me. This is an easy, homemade mascara recipe that uses non-toxic and inexpensive ingredients! Plus, it works like the mascara you find at the store!
Before I get started, I recently came across an article on how to correctly apply mascara and it completely changed how I had been doing it! I thought I would share it with you here so you can use my homemade mascara to its fullest!
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp shea butter — where to find
- 1 1/2 tsp beeswax — where to find
- 2 tsp jojoba oil — where to find
- 2 capsules activated charcoal — where to find
- 2 drops Vitamin E oil — where to find
Note: I also lie to add a few drops of lavender essential oil to the mascara bottle as I fill it. You can find my favorite kind HERE.
- In a double boiler, melt the first 4 ingredients
- Once melted remove from heat and add in the charcoal and Vitamin E
- Pour into a plastic bag and allow to cool enough to touch
- Cut small corner off plastic bag and use it like a cake decorator to pipe it into the empty mascara tube
- Apply your homemade mascara as you would your regular mascara and smile to yourself….no more chemicals on those lashes!
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe