Delicious eaten warm, these little grain-free, gluten-free cinnamon roll puffballs have been made using a dough made from cheese! Perfect for 4 people to enjoy as a tasty snack. Warning – be careful with the kids, though – they can be very hot straight out of the oven, so leave to cool slightly before diving in!
Delicious eaten warm, these little grain-free, Gluten-Free cinnamon roll puffballs have been made using a dough made from cheese!
- For the Gluten-Free cinnamon rolls:
- 3.4 oz almond flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 TB Swerve confectioners sweetener
- 6 oz grated mozzarella
- 2.1 oz full-fat cream cheese
- 1 large free-range egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- For the drizzle:
- 1.8 oz full-fat cream cheese
- 2.8 oz heavy cream
- 2 tsp Swerve confectioners sweetener
1. Preheat the oven to 390°F.
2. Combine the almond flour, ground cinnamon, and sweetener in a bowl. In a separate (microwave-friendly) bowl, add the mozzarella and cream cheese. Place the bowl of cheese into the microwave and heat on high for 1 minute.
3. Immediately, combine the almond flour mixture into the melted cheese and use a wooden spoon to combine well. Allow to cool for a minute before mixing in the egg and vanilla to form a sticky ‘dough.’
4. Tip the sticky dough out onto a sheet of baking parchment. Place a second sheet of parchment on top and use a rolling pin to roll the dough out large and flat.
5. Remove the top sheet of parchment and use a sharp knife to divide the pastry dough in half, left to right. Starting from the bottom of each divided dough - and with the help of a silicon spatula or pastry scraper - gently roll the sticky dough pieces. You will be left with two long cylinders.
6. Use a sharp knife to slice small 1-inch pieces from each cylinder. Place the pieces sliced-side up into a greased baking dish, but do not allow them to touch each other. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
7. While the cinnamon rolls are baking, make the drizzle by simply whisking together the cream cheese, cream, and sweetener.
8. Serve three grain-free, gluten-free cinnamon rolls per person and drizzle over the sweet, creamy drizzle.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 489Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 125mgSodium: 430mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 22g