My kids love jam on their Grain-Free Mickey Mouse Pancakes! While my mom does make jam every year, she only gives us so much, and then we need to find some at the store. I have searched far and wide to find an organic, low sugar (or no sugar) jam that tastes good.
I want to keep as much sugar out of my children’s diet, without sacrificing flavor. I have tried my hand at making jam in the past, too. I decided that I wanted to simplify my method. With this recipe, I can whip up a batch of fresh berry blender jam in minutes. Plus it’s healthy, organic and probiotic….with very little sweetener and no sugar!
- 2 cups fresh or frozen organic berries (you can also use other fruits like peaches or mangos)
- 3 Tbsp organic chia seeds (you can add more if you find that it's not gelling)
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 cup kombucha
- 2-3 Tbsp raw local honey (optional)
- Extra flavorings you can add: coconut flakes, cinnamon, jalapeños (for those who like spice like ME!), clove, basil, and other fresh herbs and spices
1. Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until you reach the desired consistency. You need to make sure the chia seeds are well blended because they really gel the jam when they are broken down.
2. Let your blender jam sit for a few minutes before using and it will continue to gel.
3. Store Chia Kombucha Blender Jam in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Learn how to brew your own kombucha here.
- Kombucha: probiotics and B vitamins
- Sea Salt: minerals
- Berries: antioxidants, fiber, vitamins & minerals
- Chia: fiber, omega-3’s and blood sugar regulation
I hope you enjoy the ease and health benefits of this recipe!
This jam goes great with some grass-fed butter and Grain-Free Pancakes