Pancakes have always been a weekend breakfast favorite in our house. But, now we are gluten free! How do you make pancakes without wheat flour? Well, after much experimentation I came up with a perfect grain free pancake recipe! You can double the batch and have them to snack on all week too!
- 3 Green Banana’s (lower in sugar)
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil — we use this kind
- 4 Eggs, separated
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla — we use this kind
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Grass-fed butter and maple syrup for topping the cakes
- In a food processor or blender, puree bananas, coconut oil, egg yolks, vanilla and cinnamon
- In a separate bowl beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form (this makes the pancakes fluffy)
- Fold all ingredients together
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat until the butter starts to bubble, then pour pancake batter into pan
- Shape your cakes into anything you want, we prefer Mickey Mouse!
- Cook for about 2-3 mins per side, then flip
- Smother with butter and real maple syrup!
*If you double the batch they last up to a week in the fridge. Just layer in a container with paper towels in between layers.