Pancakes have always been a weekend breakfast favorite in our house. But, now we are gluten-free! How do you make pancakes without wheat flour? Well, after much experimentation I came up with a perfect grain-free pancake recipe! You can double the batch and have them to snack on all week too!
- 3 Green Banana's (lower in sugar)
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 4 Eggs, separated
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Grass-fed butter and maple syrup for topping the cakes
1. In a food processor or blender, puree bananas, coconut oil, egg yolks, vanilla, and cinnamon.
2. In a separate bowl beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form (this makes the pancakes fluffy).
3. Fold all ingredients together.
4. Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat until the butter starts to bubble, then pour pancake batter into pan.
5. Shape your cakes into anything you want, we prefer Mickey Mouse!
6. Cook for about 2-3 mins per side, then flip.
7. Smother with butter and real maple syrup!
*If you double the batch they last up to a week in the fridge. Just layer in a container with paper towels in between layers.
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe
[ultimate-recipe id=”15981″ template=”default”]