I love all of the sweet treats offered at the holidays…but all of that sugar sends me to the moon! It also sends my kids into orbit. This year for the holidays I decided that I really wanted to start contributing to the cookie tray again (since going Paleo, we gave up making holiday treats for the most part). My favorite treats have always been the rich dense goodies. I made up a caramel recipe that I LOVE and decided that I could easily turn that into a caramel fudge recipe. That’s just what I did!
- 1 cup raw macadamia nuts — where to find
- 1 cup dates
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- pinch sea salt
- In a food processor combine all ingredients and blend on high until a paste forms
- Line a glass baking dish with parchment paper or wax paper
- Using a spatula scoop the caramel into the dish and spread evenly
- Place into freezer until firm enough to cut with a knife
- Flip dish upside down onto a cutting board and let the caramel fudge drop out
- Cut into 1″ pieces
- Either serve as is, or wrap up in small squares of wax paper
- These make great hostess gifts for holiday parties!