Tomatoes are one of my favorite garden treats because they are so easy to grow, and also amazing fresh off the vine! The only problem is what to do with all of them?! I make pizza sauce, salsa, and all sorts of delicious tomato dishes. I created this recipe to use on some leftover gluten-free bread. So tasty! Move over bruschetta, hello tomato tapenade!
This recipe is delicious to use on leftover gluten-free bread. So tasty! Move over bruschetta, hello tomato tapenade!
1. Dehydrate fresh tomatoes in a food dehydrator or low oven until reduced in size by half.
2. Combine all ingredients in a food processor until you have a nice tapenade texture (I like to use a food processor to make the job easier).
3. Store in a jar in the fridge; it will last several weeks.
4. Remove from fridge and allow to come to room temp before serving, for best results.
5. Serve with fresh mozzarella slices, crackers, fish, or warm gluten-free bread slices.