Brussel sprouts are a super food for your health, but not everyone loves the way they taste. So I set out to create some really tasty recipes using them. This is a tasty salad that is loaded with flavor! Even my kids request it. It is also really easy to throw together on a weeknight.
This side dish is too easy – and the best part is that it can be enjoyed warm or at room temperature. Delicious on the side of any meat or fish.
- Have all your ingredients prepped, weighed, and ready.
- Add the bacon, shallots, and garlic into a large, pan and cook over moderate heat until the onions and garlic have softened, and the bacon has cooked through safely.
- Add the balsamic vinegar to the pan and mix well. It will disappear (evaporate) quickly, but it does a great job of deglazing the pan while adding a little acidity to the dish.
- Increase the heat to high and add all the Brussels sprouts, stirring continuously until they soften, approx. 2-3 minutes.
- Season with black pepper and more balsamic if desired (and salt, only if needed).
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 130Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 480mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 8g