When I was in high school, my friends and I used to go to Perkins restaurant whenever we had the time and money. Every time I went, I would get the same thing. Wait for it…..an empty bread bowl, french fries, and a bucket of ranch. Yikes! I loved it! I had the metabolism of a mouse and youth on my side, so it never gave me any ill effects.
Now I don’t eat gluten, MSG, or processed oils. So that meal is entirely out of the question, and good riddance! I make my own homemade ranch dressing now and not only is it very tasty and a great dip for anything and everything, but it is also a MUCH healthier version!
Make your own healthy, homemade ranch dressing in just a few minutes. Homemade always tastes better than store-bought!
- Herb Mix:
- 1/4 cup dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tbsp ranch mix, or more if you like a strong ranch flavor
- 1 cup homemade mayo (or store-bought mayo)
- 1/2 cup organic buttermilk
1. Make the mix and store it in a glass jar to use as needed (will last indefinitely in your cabinet).
2. Combine the mayo, buttermilk and 2 Tbsp of the mix in a glass jar, shake well to combine.
3. Use one of these cool gadgets to mix your dressing really well - immersion blender.
4. Store in the fridge, and it will last up to 2 weeks.
Make your own homemade mayo here.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.