This is a DELICIOUS homemade thousand island dressing that can be added to a salad or served with grilled fish, chicken, or steak. However, here I am showcasing it as part of a traditional Reuben sandwich, using your favorite grain-free bread. Please note that the macros are calculated on the dressing alone (1 oz per serving), so please adjust accordingly if you choose to enjoy this as part of a Reuben Sandwich (which, if it interests you, includes slices of corned beef, sauerkraut, and melted cheese!).
This is a DELICIOUS dressing that can be stirred through a salad or served with grilled fish, chicken, or steak or used on a Reuben sandwich.
1. Chop the peeled shallots very small. In French kitchens, we call this “brunoise.” Work a sharp knife on them until the pieces are tiny (less than 2mm).
2. Combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and paprika in a bowl.
3. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Add the finely chopped shallots and mix well to combine.
5. This sauce is delicious and can be enjoyed alongside any cut of meat – or even in a salad. However, it is classically enjoyed in a Reuben Sandwich*.
*If you would like to assemble a Reuben Sandwich (elements not included in the macros provided), simply lay slices of corned beef over slices of your favorite gluten-free bread. Top with plenty of grated cheese and place under a hot grill until the cheese melts. Top with a pile of sauerkraut. At the same time, generously spread the dressing onto more buttered bread slices and simply use these dressed slices to top your sandwiches! Yum!
You can learn to make your own mayo here.
Make your own horseradish here.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 180mgCarbohydrates: 2gSugar: 1g