I have another recipe for no-oatmeal that is made with pecans, but at the rate we were eating it, things got a tad expensive. So I decided to come up with another grain-free AND nut-free option! You will never miss oats or any other porridge after trying this “n’oatmeal.” This breakfast is packed with fiber and goodness. Feel free to add more sweetener if you feel it needs it, but I’ve found that adding a few dried cranberries hit the sweet spot perfectly. This breakfast will keep you satisfied well into the day.
Nut-free and grain-free – you will never miss oats or any other porridge after trying this “n’oatmeal.” This breakfast is packed with fiber and goodness.
- Have all your ingredients prepped and ready. Place the shredded coconut, ground flax, ground chia, sweetener, and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- In the meantime, place the water and coconut milk into a pan and bring to a simmer. Stir in the vanilla extract and remove from the heat.
- Add the warm milky mixture to the dry mix and combine well
- Divide between two warm bowls and adjust the sweetness with additional sweetener if needed.
- Drizzle over extra coconut milk if you want to and top with your favorite toppings (I used dried cranberries).
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 596Total Fat: 56gSaturated Fat: 34gSodium: 150mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 26gSugar: 4gProtein: 14g