This recipe was inspired by my friend Lisa over at Thrive Style, she eats it for breakfast! Yes, its not only a delicious frosting recipe, but it also helps give your metabolism a kick in the rear too! Who wants frosting with their coffee? This girl!
I have a serious sweet tooth so I adjusted her recipe because sugar in the morning = sugar monster all day long! Stevia solved that problem. You can use any sweetener that you prefer though.
I also thickened it with coconut flour so I could use this recipe to frost my favorite Paleo Chocolate Cake with paleo chocolate frosting!
- 1/3 cup solid coconut oil (it has to be solid to work) — where to find
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder — where to find
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour — where to find
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- Stevia to taste — where to find
- dash vanilla (optional)
- pinch sea salt
- Optional: I love to add coffee flavor to my chocolate frosting. Every morning I drink this amazing mushroom coffee (yes, I said mushroom) and I often times add it to this recipe — you can find it here (use the coupon code “REALFOODRN” to get 10% off your order)
- Combine ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine
- Use frosting immediately, if you put it in the fridge it will harden due to the coconut oil
- If you find it to be too runny to frost things with, add more coconut flour
- Makes approximately 1 cup
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe
CLICK HERE to share with Google+