Raw honey is naturally thicker at room temperature. This is a natural preservation quality of the honey that makes it last for a really long time. Honey has been found entombed in the pyramids and was still good to eat after 5000 years! Here is how to melt raw honey
Here’s how to do it without degrading the natural benefits of the raw honey:
- Bring a deep pot of water to a boil — use one like this
- You will need to use a deep pot so when you place the jar inside the water comes up high on the jar
- Remove pot from heat source after the water is boiling
- Place jar of honey into water and let it sit in the pot, uncovered so pressure doesnt build up
- Stir as the honey softens
- Replace lid onto jar and store at room temp
What is your favorite way to use raw honey? I would love to hear about it in the comments below!
If you enjoyed this post, please +1 and share below. You can also “Pin it” HERE.