We love potlucks here in Minnesota, and besides bringing a salad, I always LOVE bringing dips! Especially dips with cheese and bacon! This amazing dip is incredibly rich – and just perfect when scooped up with your favorite gluten-free chips or crackers. It will easily serve 4 (or more) and is super quick to throw together! Best of all – the kids will love it, and everyone will ask for the recipe at parties!
Warm Cheesy Bacon Dip
This amazing dip is incredibly rich – and just perfect when scooped up with your favorite gluten-free chips or crackers. It will easily serve 4 (or more) and is super quick to throw together!
- 3.5 oz smoked bacon, finely chopped
- 1 small-medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 7 oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3.5 oz grated cheddar cheese
- Fry the bacon pieces in a large pan until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside on a plate lined with a paper towel to drain. Do not discard the fat in the pan.
- Add the chopped onions to the pan, reducing the heat to low and cook slowly until the onions completely soften and caramelize.
- Add the cream cheese, cream, and mustard and stir well. Allow the mixture to warm through and reduce a little over moderate heat.
- Add the grated cheddar to melt through, then fold in three-quarters of the crispy bacon pieces.
- Allow to cool before serving and top with the remaining crispy bacon.
- Serve with your favorite chips or crackers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 260Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 450mgCarbohydrates: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 9g