Feeding kids is about as easy as nailing Jell-O to a tree or perhaps herding cats?! My kids have always eaten the Real Food lifestyle, which means no junk. But it still poses its challenges! They seem to change their minds daily to make it even more fun. One day they are begging for cheesy eggs, the next day they can’t stand eggs, then its back to eggs that weekend. Oy! So recipe creation can be tricky, but this Nutty Grain-Free Granola Clusters recipe has been a big hit! Bonus: it lasts for two weeks in an airtight container, and you can make a double batch and freeze half! #momwin
Nutty Grain-Free Granola Clusters Kids Love
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- zest and juice from 1/2 medium orange
- 1/2 cup raw honey — where to find
- 1 T cinnamon
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- Rough chop the almonds in a food processor on the pulse setting, the pieces should remain fairly large.
- Add cashews, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds to the food processor.
- Continue to pulse until all ingredients are roughly chopped.
- Add the chopped mixture to a medium mixing bowl along with remaining ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Spread mixture on a Silpat-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven (carefully!), stir granola, and return to oven for 10 minutes more. Nuts will brown slightly.
- Allow to cool for at least 1o minutes, then break into kid-sized clusters.
- Store grain-free granola clusters in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Servings and Macros:
- Makes 16 servings, roughly 1/4 cup each
- calories: 224
- fat: 19 grams
- carbs: 14 grams
- fiber: 2 grams
- protein: 7 grams
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe
CLICK HERE to share “Nutty Grain Free Granola Clusters Kids Love” on Google+