These delicious low carb keto tortillas are so easy to make and come in under 0.70 grams of sugar carbs per tortilla. The lovely coconut flavor (albeit subtle) does an excellent job of masking the eggy flavor you may expect.
Be sure to include lots of protein in your filling. Some keto-friendly ideas include: scrambled eggs and bacon pieces for breakfast tortillas, grilled chicken, and avocado for an exciting lunchtime option, or beef strips and peppers for a satisfying dinner.
These delicious low carb keto tortillas are so easy to make and come in under 0.70 grams of sugar carbs per tortilla.
- Sift the rice flour, coconut flour, baking powder, ground flaxseed, and garlic powder in a bowl. Season the mixture with salt and white pepper.
- Add the almond milk and egg whites and whisk well to form a runny, wet mixture (similar to a pancake batter). If the mixture does not resemble a runny pancake batter, add a dash more almond milk to loosen it. Failing to do so will result in the mixture cooking before you have the opportunity to swirl it around the pan.
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in a flat pan over low heat and add a portion of the batter into the center (approximately ¼ cup), swirling the pan immediately to evenly distribute the batter.
- Cook over low-medium heat for a minute or so on each side.
- Remove from the pan and place on a plate lined with kitchen paper to absorb any excess oil. Dab the top of the tortilla with kitchen paper to eliminate greasiness.
- Repeat the process with the remaining 5 portions.
- Enjoy your low carb keto tortillas.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134Total Fat: 4.3gSaturated Fat: 1.4gSodium: 0.57mgCarbohydrates: 16.5gFiber: 3.6gSugar: 0.65gProtein: 5.5g