This is a delicious and very filling meal for two people – and can even be stretched to serve more! We even love to make these as a breakfast for dinner meal, and let the kids choose what they want inside of their omelette. Easy, tasty, filling, and packed with nutrition.
In less than 30 minutes, you'll have a breakfast that tastes like a gourmet chef made it. It's hearty, filling, and delicious. Plus, you don't have to worry about carbs because there's only 4 carbs per omelette!
- Start with your prep: thinly slice the mushrooms and grate the cheese.
- Melt half the butter in a large non-stick pan and fry the mushrooms over high heat until they release all their moisture and start to caramelize.
- Remove them from the pan and set them aside in a bowl, seasoning the mushrooms with salt and pepper.
- Separate the eggs into two bowls, ensuring no yolks get into the whites and vice versa. Loosen up the yolks with a fork, then use an electric hand mixer to whip the whites to stiff peaks.
- Fold the yolk mix into the whites using large circular motions ensuring no air gets knocked out.
- Wipe the pan clean and melt the remaining butter over moderately low heat. Pour in the egg mix and use a spatula to smooth over the surface. Cook on this low heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and grated cheese onto one half of the omelette and cover the pan securely with a lid or piece of foil. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Just before serving, use a large spatula to flip the undressed half of the omelette over the half containing filling. Cook for an additional minute, if needed.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 498Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 0.5gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 540mgCarbohydrates: 4gSugar: 1gProtein: 30g