Chicken, tomatoes, mozzarella, and fresh basil make a wonderful combination! This is a quick, tasty midweek meal for four. Serve with your favorite greens on the side. Our kids love this one too!
This high-protein dish is a perfect quick meal to throw together during the week. Pair it with your favorite sides or a salad for a complete dinner.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (180°C) and line a small-medium baking tray/sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Remove the chicken breasts from their packaging and pat dry with good quality kitchen paper.
- Heat two tablespoons of the oil in a griddle pan and fry the breasts on all sides over high heat until you achieve those lovely char-marks. This is best done in two batches, so you don’t over-crowd your pan. However, this will depend on the size of your pan.
- In the meantime, halves the cherry tomatoes and place them into a small bowl, drizzling over the remaining tablespoon olive oil. Toss well to evenly coat.
- Place the partially cooked chicken breasts and the cherry tomatoes onto the prepared tray. Tear over smaller pieces of the fresh mozzarella and bake in the oven for 23-25 minutes. The chicken will be cooked safely when it is no longer pink in the center.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes before serving with the cheesy tomatoes.
- Season with salt flakes, freshly ground black pepper – and the all-important thinly sliced fresh basil!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 290Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 140mgSodium: 330mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 47g