Pregnant with my third child, all I could think about was homemade vanilla pudding! It still continues to be on my mind, so I decided to come up with a new version of my classic homemade vanilla pudding, with even more healthy baby brain-building ingredients. This pudding not only satisfies and satiates the cravings, but it also nourishes your body. This Healthy Vanilla Coconut Tapioca Pudding is full of healthy fats and amino acids; it’s a great dessert to serve without the guilt!
Side note: I decided to make it a tapioca pudding because I got some tapioca pearls on clearance with our Azure Standard order last month and I figured I better learn how to make it.
First, a little bit about WHY this pudding is so awesome for baby growth, brain development, and the health of our tissues. This pudding is also great for breastfeeding Mama’s because it is full of healthy fats that contribute to healthy breastmilk!
- Coconut cream — coconut cream contains Medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), a type of healthy fat that is great for our brain!
- Coconut water — a great source of natural electrolytes
- Pastured eggs — full of brain-building cholesterol, vitamins, and choline (essential for normal brain development)
- Grass-fed butter: healthy fats for your brain
- Collagen and Whey powder — full of amino acids and building blocks necessary for a healthy body
- 2.5 cups coconut cream
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 2/3 cup raw honey
- 2/3 cup tapioca
- 3 pastured eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 stick grass-fed butter
- 2 scoops collagen whey powder (vanilla coconut flavor!
1. Whisk coconut cream and coconut water together in a medium mixing bowl.
2. Add in tapioca pearls and whisk until combined.
3. Pour mixture into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer and simmer for 5 minutes, uncovered.
4. Add in honey and vanilla.
5. Beat eggs in a separate bowl.
6. Pour some of the tapioca mixture into the eggs, a little at a time until you have added one cup -- this assures you bring the eggs up to temp without cooking them into scrambled eggs.
7. Add mixture back into the saucepan.
8. Add in butter (cut into 1 Tbsp slices) and collagen whey powder.
9. Stir until butter is melted.
10. Remove from heat, pour into serving dishes, and allow to set for 10 minutes.
11. Serve Coconut Tapioca Pudding and enjoy!