A fresh, lovely smoked salmon salad that is delicious and quick to prepare. Enjoy it as a healthy lunch or a light supper – perfect for summer evenings.
The chopped herbs should be added to the potatoes only once they have cooled, or else the herbs will quickly discolor. While this is unlikely to change the flavor, it’s just unsightly.
Don’t forget the lemon, which should be squeezed over at the end, bringing the whole dish harmoniously together. Simple and perfect!
A fresh, lovely smoked salmon salad that is delicious and quick to prepare. Enjoy it as a healthy lunch or a light supper.
- 2 small potatoes (approximately 3 oz)
- 1 ½ Tbsp olive oil
- 2 small pastured eggs
- Handful mint leaves, finely chopped
- Handful basil leaves, finely chopped
- 180 g smoked salmon — you want to make sure it is wild caught salmon, not farmed!
- 1 cup mixed salad leaves
- 1 cup arugula
- ½ avocado, sliced
- several thinly sliced red onion rings
- Sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- Lemons, to serve (we use this lemon squeezer to get out every last drop of juice)
1. Cut the potatoes into evenly sized pieces (approximately 1-inch / 3cm). Boil until tender, then drain and place in a large bowl. Drizzle over the olive oil while still warm and set aside to cool a little while you prep the remaining ingredients.
2. In the meantime, boil the eggs to your liking, peel, halve and set aside.
3. Once the potatoes have cooled a little, add the chopped herbs, salad leaves, and arugula to the bowl and toss well to evenly coat the leaves.
4. Divide the mixture between two bowls and top each bowl with the avocado, red onion slices and the boiled egg halves.
5. Season with sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper and generously squeeze over with fresh lemon.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 449Total Fat: 29.8gSaturated Fat: 5.9gSodium: 2.9mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 3.1gSugar: 2.2gProtein: 29.5g