I first tried this bacon and whisky jam at a friend’s holiday party a few years ago. It was so delicious that I could not stop eating it, so she sent the jar home with me! I had to learn how to make it on my own. This incredible, sweet, and bacony ‘jam’ is so delicious. It is just perfect served with gluten-free crackers and extra-strong cheese. I think it will make great gifts too, so stock up on some cute little jars and double the batch to give away to friends and loved ones! I was gifted it from a friend originally, and had to come up with my own recipe!
This incredible, sweet, and bacony ‘jam’ is so delicious. It is just perfect served with gluten-free crackers and extra-strong cheese.
- Fry the bacon pieces in a large pan or wok until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon, keeping all the fat in the pan.
- Add the chopped onions and garlic to the pan, reducing the heat to low and cook slowly until the onions completely soften.
- Add the cayenne pepper and paprika and stir well to combine.
- Deglaze the pan by adding the whiskey. Increase the heat and cook until the whiskey cooks out completely (evaporates).
- Repeat the process with the balsamic vinegar, scraping the bottom of the pan to deglaze. Cook stirring continuously until the balsamic vinegar cooks out completely.
- Stir in the maple syrup and cook until the mixture thickens completely and there is little moisture left in the pan.
- Add the bacon and set aside to cool a little before blitzing to a smoother consistency in a food processor.
- Delicious with strong cheese and gluten-free crackers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2.5gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 420mgCarbohydrates: 9gSugar: 7gProtein: 5g