This is a cheesy dip that features a subtle beer flavor, which will have all your guests guessing about the secret ingredient! Enjoy it with your favorite crackers. (The macros are calculated on a 3.5 oz (100g) serving – which equals several generous scoops.)
- The dip is best served at room temperature. If you chill it, the cheddar will solidify again, and the mixture will stiffen a little too much to scoop easily.
- If you cannot source German beer, just use your favorite beer.
- I made this with cheddar, but you can play around with other cheese, like Swiss Emmenthal or Gruyere, which will be equally punchy in flavor!
Whether you need a tasty appetizer for your next party or a big game day, your guests will ask for the recipe when you serve them German beer cheese dip. It’s creamy, hearty, and flavorful!
- Heat the olive oil in a medium size pan and cook the shallots over medium heat until they soften and start to caramelize. Add the paprika and garlic powder and cook for another minute or so.
- Pour in the beer and increase the heat to high, cooking until the mixture reduces by half. This won’t take too long.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add in the grated cheese. Stir gently until the cheese melts into the mixture and the mixture is smooth.
- Mix the cheesy onion beer mix with the cream cheese and combine well, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve with your favorite grain-free crackers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 (3.5oz)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 260Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 320mgCarbohydrates: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 7g