I am not big on wasting food, so when we have a little bit of this and a little bit of that leftover from our meals, I like to come up with creative ways to put them together into one more delicious meal. What easier way to do that than a frittata! We always have pastured eggs on hand (thanks, mom!) so it’s just too easy not to. You just need to get creative with your herb pairing to make the dish really come together.
Here are some herb pairing ideas:
- Chicken: Bay Leaves. Chives, Dill, Garlic, Onion, Oregano, Parsley, Rosemary, Sage, Savory, Tarragon, Thyme
- Lamb: Basil, Garlic, Marjoram, Mint, Onion, Oregano, Rosemary, Savory, Thyme, Tarragon
- Pork: Basil, Bay Leaves, Dill, Garlic, Lemon Verbena, Marjoram, Onion, Oregano, Rosemary, Sage, Savory, Tarragon, Thyme
- Beef: Basil, Bay Leaf, Chives, Garlic, Onion, Marjoram, Oregano, Rosemary, Tarragon, Thyme
When you have leftovers from your meals, it's easy to whip up a frittata for a delicious, hearty breakfast or weekend brunch.
- Leftover meat and vegetables from the week (nothing spoiled, of course)
- 8-12 eggs (depending on how much "leftovers" you are adding to the skillet)
- Fresh or dried herbs
- 1 Tbsp kelp granules (optional, extra iodine for thyroid health)
- 1 cup raw milk
- 4 Tbsp grass-fed butter
- 1 cup raw milk cheddar cheese
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat butter in a large skillet.
2. Add leftover meats and vegetables and sauté until warmed up (in this recipe I used leftover Brussels sprouts and onions, and some ham).
3. In a large bowl, beat the eggs.
4. Add milk, herbs, and kelp to eggs and whisk very well for about 1 minute.
5. Pour egg and milk mixture into skillet.
6. Cover the pan and let it cook over medium heat until the eggs start to cook (yes, I do have to cover my large skillet with a Christmas platter because I don't have a large enough lid!).
7. Remove cover and sprinkle with raw cheese and replace the cover.
8. Let cook until eggs are done and cheese is bubbly.
9. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
8 Replies to “Low Carb Leftovers Frittata”