A lot of pudding that you buy from the store has a looong list of not-so-wonderful ingredients! Some to give it a nice smooth mouth-feel, some to make it super sweet, and some to give it a long shelf life. No thank you, that’s not real food. But who wants to sacrifice pudding?! Not me! So here’s a recipe made with real food ingredients, and it does not disappoint!
This super easy (and low sugar!) mousse can be enjoyed immediately, unlike other mousses that require setting time. The hot melted chocolate will come into contact with the cool whipped cream and the result will stiffen rather quickly, so be sure to enjoy these immediately after making them. If you choose to make these ahead of time, simply keep covered in the fridge, but I suggest that you remove them at least 30 minutes before eating to ensure a smooth, soft, delectable dessert.
This super easy mousse can be enjoyed immediately, unlike other mousses that require setting time. All you need is 15 minutes!
- Break the chocolate up in a non-stick pan and place it on a low heat until it completely melts. Add a few drops of chocolate extract (if using) and set aside to cool.
- In a clean bowl, whip the cream and sweetener to semi-soft peaks using a hand mixer.
- Once the chocolate has cooled, fold it into the whipped cream until incorporated. The mixture will stiffen quickly, so spoon or pipe it immediately into your serving glasses or bowls.
- If you choose to make pretty decorations, simply whip together the cream and sweetener to stiff peaks, then spoon or pipe them over the chocolate mousse. Grate over any chocolate you may have leftover to finish beautifully.
- These can be made ahead of time (kept covered in the fridge), but I suggest that you to remove it from the fridge about 30 minutes before eating.
- Allow the melted chocolate to cool before incorporating it into the whipped cream to avoid a grainy mixture. By this, I simply mean to cool to room temperature: do not allow it to harden again.
- When folding the melted chocolate into the whipped cream, do so in large circular motions ensuring there is still plenty of air incorporated into the mousse.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 430Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 27gCarbohydrates: 6gSugar: 4gProtein: 4g