Christmas is the most magical time of year! With it comes so many wonderful memories and traditions. One of my favorites is all of the cookies we make throughout the month of December. One of my mom’s favorites has always been Snickerdoodles. Chewy and sugar-coated, what’s not to like?! These were the first cookies that my kids were able to help make too, their chubby little fingers helping to roll the dough in the cinnamon and sugar!
So continuing the tradition we needed to make them in a grain-free version. They turned out delicious! I hope your family enjoys our Delicious & Easy Grain-Free Snickerdoodles too!
These grain-free cinnamon and sugar cookies are chewy and delicious, what's not to like?!
- 1 cup grass-fed butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups organic cane sugar
- 2 pastured eggs
- 2 3/4 cups cassava flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 TB sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. Cream together sugar and butter in a mixer.
4. Add eggs and mix well.
5. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well. I like to use my hands to finish mixing the dough to make sure it's really combined well.
6. Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Great job for the kiddos!
7. Place 2 inches apart on a Silpat lined cookie sheet.
8. Flatten with the base of a glass.
9. Bake for 8-10 minutes.