Dairy is a funny thing. Some love it, some are tortured internally by it. This is why I love to come up with recipes of all sorts, so everyone can enjoy delicious food.
Ice cream is a favorite food of mine that does not always agree with my digestion. So coconut milk ice cream has been made many times in our kitchen. Not always a favorite with my kids, but the addition of cherries completely changed their minds!
Move over plain old vanilla ice cream, dairy-free coconut cherry ice cream is taking over the favorites list in this house!
Move over plain old vanilla ice cream, dairy-free coconut cherry ice cream is taking over the favorites list!
1. Remove the pits from the cherries.
2. Process cherries in a food processor until chopped but still with little chunks, you don't need to liquefy them.
3. Pour coconut milk, cherries, honey, lemon juice, and salt into a bowl.
4. Stir to combine.
5. Whisk arrowroot powder into the mixture making sure there are no arrowroot clumps.
6. Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and process it according to your machine's instructions.
7. Pour your ice cream into a container and store it in your freezer.