This is a substantial chicken cobb salad with a decent amount of protein. It could serve 4 people as a light lunch, but the macros are calculated for 2 hungry people! I love a big salad, so I could honestly eat this whole thing myself. So tasty!
- Many people add blue cheese to their Cobb salad, but any cheese will do, or you can leave it out altogether if you are lactose-intolerant. There is plenty going on in this colorful concoction, so a little cheese won’t be missed! I do usually add blue cheese to mine though!
The chicken cobb salad is a classic that is full of flavor. It's hearty and filling, perfect for lunch or even dinner with a bowl of soup or sandwich on gluten-free bread.
- Fry the bacon lardons in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat until almost crispy. Remove and set aside on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- At the same time, boil the eggs to your liking. Run cold water over them to help them cool quicker, then peel and halve them.
- Arrange the watercress and salad leaves in a wide, shallow-bottom salad bowl.
- Arrange the chicken, bacon, eggs, tomato, and avocado on top.
- Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, and mustard together in a bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and pour over the salad.
- Season the salad with more salt and freshly ground black pepper if you feel it needs it.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 650Total Fat: 53gSaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 255mgSodium: 1,050mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 39g