Growing up, I remember being fascinated with tomatillos and their delicate paper jacket. As fun as they were to pick and to peel, I never liked eating them! But, when my mom first made salsa verde, I changed my mind. This is THE most delicious Tomatillo Salsa Verde Recipe out there!
Tomatillo Salsa Verde Recipe
- Tomatillos (about 15)
- 2 – 3 organic jalapeños (depending on how much heat you like)
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 onion
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp organic cumin powder — where to find
- Peel and wash tomatillos.
- Put all of the ingredients into a blender and process to the consistency that you like.
- Add more salt or cumin to taste.
- Pour into a mason jar.
- Now here’s the trick that makes the flavor AMAZING: Lime Vitality essential oil! It’s the concentrated flavor from the lime peel and it takes the flavor of this salsa to a whole new level. Add about 5 drops to the jar, then shake.
- Serve with chips, over eggs, or with your favorite Mexican recipes.
- Store in the fridge, it will last for weeks.
- Makes approximately 1-quart Tomatillo Salsa Verde
How to Get Started with Essential Oils (using the Vitality line in cooking)
- Sign up for my FREE 21-day essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
- Join my Real Food RN Essential Oils Facebook Group to connect with others and share tips and recipes for DIY, beauty, cleaning and much more.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail prices (and get freebies from me!)
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe
CLICK HERE to share “Tomatillo Salsa Verde Recipe” on Google+