Growing up, I remember being fascinated with tomatillos and their delicate paper jacket. As fun as they were to pick and to peel, I never liked eating them! But, when my mom first made salsa verde, I changed my mind. This is THE most delicious Tomatillo Salsa Verde Recipe out there!
Tomatillo Salsa Verde Recipe
- Tomatillos (about 15)
- 2 - 3 organic jalapeños (depending on how much heat you like)
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 onion
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp organic cumin powder
1, Peel and wash tomatillos.
2. Put all of the ingredients into a blender and process to the consistency that you like.
3. Add more salt or cumin to taste.
4. Pour into a mason jar.
5. Now here's the trick that makes the flavor AMAZING: Lime Vitality essential oil! It's the concentrated flavor from the lime peel and it takes the flavor of this salsa to a whole new level. Add about 5 drops to the jar, then shake.
6. Serve with chips, over eggs, or with your favorite Mexican recipes.
7. Store in the fridge, it will last for weeks.
How to Get Started with Essential Oils (using the Vitality line in cooking)
- Sign up for my FREE 21-day essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
- Join my Real Food RN Essential Oils Facebook Group to connect with others and share tips and recipes for DIY, beauty, cleaning and much more.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail prices (and get freebies from me!)