Walnuts are a great food to consume for brain health! They have a significantly high concentration of DHA, a type of Omega-3 fatty acid. I try to add them to all sorts of recipes, but this recipe lets you enjoy them all on their own. Adding rosemary to the mix further enhances the benefits to brain health, as rosemary has been shown to enhance memory and cognitive performance. You might want to double the batch, these little nuggets are addicting!
A tasty low carb, healthy snack that only takes 15 minutes to make. You might want to double the batch, these little nuggets are addicting!
- Preheat the oven to 355°F (180°C).
- Weigh out the walnuts in a bowl. In a separate small bowl, combine the dried rosemary, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the nuts and scatter over the spice mix. Toss well to evenly coat.
- Spread the coated nuts out onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden and toasty.
- Set aside to cool completely. Once cooled, store in a sealed container and enjoy as a lovely snack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 351Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 4gSodium: 130mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g