I love to make gummies for my kids because, let’s be honest here, they will eat anything that looks like candy! We drink a ton of kombucha and I always have extra fruit to use up….so these kombucha fruit gummies were created from fruit I needed to use up! The gut-healing gelatin combined with the probiotics in the kombucha make for one healthy snack!
These would be especially helpful for someone who is suffering from a gastrointestinal illness, or kiddos who are under the weather and don’t feel like eating much.
Kombucha Fruit Gummies
- 2 cups kombucha divided
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 4 Tbsp gelatin powder — we use this kind
- In a food processor or Vitamix, blend 1 cup kombucha, mango, and banana until smooth
- In a sauce pan heat 1 cup kombucha over low heat (too much heat will destroy the probiotic content)
- When the kombucha is warm to touch, whisk in the gelatin 1 Tbsp at a time whisking constantly
- Slowly adding the gelatin is important to avoid clumps (if it does clump, heat the liquid more and whisk to dissolve)
- When all the gelatin is incorporated, add to the fruit puree
- Mix everything together and pour into silicon candy molds — like these
- Put molds into the fridge and in an hour or so you will have Kombucha Fruit Gummies
- If you don’t have molds just pour into a shallow pan and when it’s set you can cut into squares