We have been eating Paleo for a few years now and I will have to say that baking has been the biggest hurdle. It’s just not the same without all of the gluten and sugar! The textures are not what we are used to and the taste is not so hyper-palatable! But, this is actually a good thing. We are not designed to have so much system overload when we eat. We are designed to just eat real food. That’s why I really wanted to find the perfect frosting recipe for my daughters birthday cake. Turns out that I came up with the best paleo frosting ever!
- 1 cup palm shortening — where to find
- 1/2 cup raw honey — where to find
- 2 Tsp vanilla
- 4 Tbsp arrowroot powder — where to find
- 4 Tbsp coconut flour — where to find
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- In a mixing bowl, combine everything except the coconut oil
- Blend with a hand mixer until well combined
- Drizzle coconut oil in slowly while mixing on high
- Mix until whipped together
- Frost cake immediately, or store in fridge (if you store in the fridge, re-whip before using)
- If you want to pipe this frosting, put into the fridge until firm and then use a cake decorator and pipe the frosting into beautiful designs. It’s best to take out of the fridge and let sit at room temperature for a few minutes before piping.
- Enjoy! My daughter loved it on her Barbie cake!!!
- Note: I colored it pink using 1 Tbsp of beet juice
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe