I love my essential oil diffusing jewelry. When I’m on the go, and away from a power outlet, I can still reap the benefits of aromatherapy. When I am out and about I always have a diffuser necklace on! Now, I have a fancy new lava bead diffuser bracelet to wear that seriously cost a fraction of the price you pay buying one of these at the store on online!
After seeing the price of some of the jewelry online, I decided I would make my own. Really it’s easy, and I made this bracelet in less than half an hour. Can you say fun kid project? Oh yeah, my daughter loves making these too!
Lava beads are great for diffuser jewelry because they are porous and hold the oils. Made from volcanic lava rock, they come in many different colors.
How to Make Your Own Lava Bead Diffuser Bracelet
- A pair of beading round-nosed pliers — like these
- A package of waxed cording — like this
- Decorative beads of your choice
- Lava beads — where to find
- Four crimp beads — like these
- A set of toggle clasps — like these
- Measure your wrist, or the wrist of the person who will be wearing the bracelet. If you want your bracelet to fit loosely, add about ½ inch to that measurement to get the length of your bracelet.
- Lay out the bead configuration you want, and measure how long it is.
- Subtract the length of the bead configuration from the length of your bracelet. Divide that difference by two, and make a note of that number.
- Slide one side of the toggle clasp onto the cord. Fold over the cording and secure with a crimp bead. Cut off the excess.
- Measure from the clasp along the cord the measurement that you got in Step 3. Place a crimp bead here.
- Slide on the rest of your beads and secure them with a crimp bead at the end.
- Measure from that crimp bead the measurement you got in Step 3. This is where you slide on the other end of the toggle clasp.
- Secure the second toggle clasp piece with your last crimp bead as you did in Step 5. Trim any excess.
- Your bracelet is done!
To Use Your Lava Bead Diffuser Bracelet
Place a drop of your favorite essential oil on one of the beads on the bracelet. Wait a few minutes for the oil to absorb into the bead before putting it on, to avoid staining your clothes. If you find that your lava beads are not very absorbent, either wipe them with a cotton ball soaked with nail polish remover or rough them up a little bit with an emery board. Some of the beads come with a waxy coating that prevents them from absorbing the oil.
A few of my favorite essential oil blends to use on my bracelet are:
- Stress Away: can help induce relaxation, reduce occasional nervous tension, reduce mental rigidity and restore equilibrium
- Valor: use it to greet each morning with a positive attitude or to unwind at the end of the day
- Joy: often worn as a perfume, Joy is used to exude an alluring and irresistible fragrance that inspires romance and togetherness
- Peace & Calming: creates a relaxing environment that’s especially great for moms who are busy with children!!! I use this one a LOT!
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE 21-day essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
- Join my Real Food RN Essential Oils Facebook Group to connect with others and share tips and recipes for DIY, beauty, cleaning and much more.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail prices (and get freebies from me!)
Well, are you going to give this one a try? These also make great gift ideas! Let me know what you think in the comments below!
CLICK HERE to Pin this post
CLICK HERE to share with Google+