I never thought I would get such joy from learning how to clean a microsuede couch, but this really is awesome! Our couch plays many roles in our house: bed, trampoline, fort….and canvas for food and drink. My kids spill something on it almost hourly. There is no such thing as a leak-proof sippy. We have tried them all! I really do not like to look at all those stains, but I also don’t want to use harsh chemicals to clean it up. Then someone taught me this technique! AHmazing! Here is how it goes down….
What you need:
- 1 spray bottle — where to find
- Isopropyl Alcohol — where to find
- 1 scouring pad
- 1 kitchen sponge
- 1 scrub brush — where to find
First, here is a before picture of my beautiful stained couch! (this is actually pretty tame for my kids, it’s usually much worse!)
- Pour isopropyl alcohol into spray bottle. Straight up!
- Spray your couch liberally with the sprayer. I mean soak your couch! Don’t worry, it evaporates
- Now take your scouring pad and SCRUB! Scrub those stains very well and really work it! Add more alcohol if needed
- Repeat the scrubbing with your kitchen sponge, to soak up some of the dirt. I also use a white towel sometimes.
- Let it dry completely
- Grab your brush and brush back and forth over the suede. This step really polishes it up nice!
- Repeat if the stains are still visible. Some stains take a few treatments to get out….especially marker and nail polish!
- Ta da! It’s like new!