Vetiver Essential Oil
- Vetiver essential oil comes from a perennial grass native to tropical regions in Asia and has an earthy, exotic aroma. It is steam distilled from the plant’s root, giving it a warm, woodsy scent that has been used for its fragrance since ancient times. The oil remains popular today, and Vetiver oil uses include colognes and fragrances—especially for men—as well as soaps and moisturizers.
- Vetiver oil is also great for work and study areas since its complex aroma helps create an uplifting environment. Because of its viscosity, it’s recommended that users dilute Vetiver essential oil with a carrier oil before using it in a diffuser.
Essential Oil Uses:
- Diffuse its invigorating aroma in an office or study room to create a relaxing, welcoming space where you can think freely.
- Add 5–10 drops to an evening bath for a relaxing, uplifting aroma.
- Combine a few drops of Vetiver oil with V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex and massage on the skin for a calming experience that also moisturizes.
- Combine 3 drops of Vetiver, 5 drops of Lavender, and 2 drops of Ylang Ylang for a calming diffuser blend that is perfect for relaxing evenings at home.
How to Use:
- Topical: Apply 2-4 drops directly to the desired area. Dilution not required, except for the most sensitive skin. Use as needed.
- Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily.
- Vetiver (Vetiveria zizanoides) root oil
Retail: $27.96 USD
CLICK HERE to Pin This Post
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE 21-day essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
- Join my Real Food RN Essential Oils Facebook Group to connect with others and share tips and recipes for DIY, beauty, cleaning and much more.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail prices (and get freebies from me!)