I have been using essential oils for many years now and absolutely love them! There are so many uses and I honestly use several of them every single day! I wanted to put together some posts about how I use my oils so I could share the love. I am doing a series that goes over the eleven Everyday Essential Oils that come included with the Premium Starter Kit. Definitely the BEST way to get started with essential oils in your home or as a business! The kit includes 12 oils, a home diffuser, and tons of samples and information. Click HERE to learn more about ordering this amazing starter kit!
In this post I want to talk about Lavender Essential Oil and how I use it personally in my home.
It takes 170 pounds of plant material for 1 lb of lavender oil. You can actually visit YL farms and participate in plantings and harvest. Lavender is the most adulterated of all essential oils, so it is very important to know what you are getting. Young Living Lavender probably has a different aroma than typical lavender body care products.
Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) has a sweet, floral aroma that is soothing and refreshing.
Uses for Lavender Essential Oil:
- Assists the body when adapting to occasional stress, diffuse it to help you relax
- Relaxes and calms for restful sleep. I make a linen spray that I spray on my bedding before I hit the sheets
- Soothes and cleanses healthy skin, add a drop to your face lotion before you smoothe it on your face
- Swiss Army Knife of oils, try it for many different things and you will be surprised how multi-purpose it actually is!
- Lavender’s aroma is great for relaxing and winding down before bedtime; add to bath or diffuse to create a calming and comforting environment
- Lavender essential oil may complement your favorite shampoos, lotions and skin care products
- Because it is the most versatile of all essential oils, no home should be without it.
- We also use it in my homemade “Witch Spray” for the kiddos!
*Note: to mix the oil with a carrier oil mix 2 parts carrier oil with 1 part essential oil. We commonly use this oil as a carrier oil.
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE 21-day essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
- Join my Real Food RN Essential Oils Facebook Group to connect with others and share tips and recipes for DIY, beauty, cleaning and much more.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail prices (and get freebies from me!)
CLICK HERE to Pin this post
CLICK HERE to share with Google+