I am doing a series that tells all about the ten Everyday Essential Oils that come included with the Premium Starter Kit. Definitely the BEST way to get started with essential oils in your home or as a business. The kit includes 11 oils, a home diffuser, and tons of samples and information. Click HERE to learn more about ordering this amazing starter kit! In this post I want to talk about Peppermint Essential Oil and how I use it personally in my home and for my health.
Uses For Peppermint Essential Oil:
- To Wake Up: Probably the most frequent way that I use peppermint is in my morning routine. I apply it to the back of my neck and to my temples to wake me up! It is refreshing and exhilarating!
- Occasional Stress Relief: Provides nervous system support during times of stress
- Mental Clarity: Diffuse or rub a drop under your nose to help concentration, mental focus, and motivation
- Digestive Support: Add one drop to your water to support gastrointestinal system comfort, or add to a carrier oil and massage onto your abdomen
- Occasional Muscle Tension: Use with a carrier oil* and include in a massage for a cooling sensation and muscle tension relief
- Flatulence: Massage onto your abdomen. Maintains efficiency of the digestive tract
- Exercise: May support performance during exercise
- Dry Scalp: Add some to your shampoo to help fight flakes
- Pest Control: Leave a peppermint soaked cotton ball where you have ant problems, they do not like peppermint
- Baking: I use peppermint essential oil in many chocolate dessert recipes, especially fudge!
- Soothing Lip Balm: I make a cooling lip balm that I LOVE. You can find the recipe HERE.
*Note: to mix the oil with a carrier oil mix 2 parts carrier oil with 1 part essential oil. We commonly use this oil as a carrier oil.
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE 21-day essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
- Join my Real Food RN Essential Oils Facebook Group to connect with others and share tips and recipes for DIY, beauty, cleaning and much more.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail prices (and get freebies from me!)
How do you use Peppermint Essential Oil? I would love to hear about it in the comments below!
CLICK HERE to Pin this post
CLICK HERE to share with Google+